Name: Kevin Brian Thomas Jr.
Date of Birth: June 14, 1991
Married to: Whitney Thomas
Nickname: "KT" or "KTJ"
Hometown: Cullman, AL
Residence: Avon, IN
Pets: Dogs- Indi & Bo
Racing Since: 1999
Favorite Track: Kokomo
Hobbies: Golf, Go-Karts, and Sports
Favorite Place to Eat: Taco Bell
Most Memorable Moment: Passing Dave Darland to win 1st USAC Race at Bloomington Speedway
Goals: To race professionally, be an ambassador to the sport of racing, & inspire those around me to live their dreams.
26-Year-Old Cullman, Alabama native Kevin Thomas Jr. started racing at an early age, where he quickly realized he was a highly competitive person. He raced BMX bikes in the late 90’s, and was the State Champion by age 8. He began racing mini-sprints at the end of 2005 and quickly graduated to sprint cars in 2007. Kevin struggled early, but continued to gain as much seat time and experience as possible.
In 2013, the USAC National Sprint Car Series voted Kevin “Most Improved Driver”. He earned seven career USAC Sprint Car feature wins in 2013, catapulting him to well deserved notoriety with his peers. 2014 brought a new challenge, as he tried his hand at midget racing. Once again, Kevin proved he could excel in any type of auto racing and was named “USAC Honda National Midget Rookie of the Year”. He went on to team up with the legendary Keith Kunz Motorsports powerhouse, who produced drivers such as JJ Yeley, Tony Stewart, and Kyle Larson. In 2016 Kevin was the winninest non-wing driver in the country with a total of 13 wins in one season.
Kevin formed his own team mid-season in 2017 with the help of KT Construction Services, Abreu Vineyards, Jeff's Jam It In Storage, and many other. The newly formed KT Motorsports operates under the N0.9k and went on the win the USAC Indiana Sprint week title.
After 16 years of winning, Kevin is one of the elite competitors in his sport. Kevin is an active user of social media, providing great interaction with his loyal race fans. Away from the race track Kevin enjoys playing golf, watching the Alabama Crimson Tide play football and spending time with his wife Whitney & their two dogs.
2005 O’Reilly UMSA Rookie of the Year
2005 O’Reilly UMSA Most Improved Driver
2006 O’Reilly UMSA Most Improved Driver
2013 USAC National Sprint Car Most Improved Driver
2013 USAC Sprint Week Championship Runner Up
2014 USAC Honda National Midget Rookie of the Year
2015 USAC Sprint Week Championship Runner Up
2015 USAC National Super Series Runner Up
2016 Kokomo Speedway Track Champion
2016 ISCN Driver of the Year
2016 Winningest Non-Wing Driver of the Year
2017 USAC Indiana Sprint Week Champion
2017 USAC Budweiser Oval Nationals Winner
2017 Bell Helmets Athlete of the Year
2017 North American Non-Winged Sprint Car Poll “Driver of the Year”
- 50+ career feature wins
- 10+ career USAC wins, tying KTJ for 42nd on all time win list
- First career USAC win - Indiana Sprintweek at Bloomington Speedway
- Track record holder at Wilmot Raceway in Wilmot, Wisconsin in 2012
- Track record holder at Grandview Speedway in Bechtelsville, Pennsylvania in 2012
- 5th in 2013 USAC Sprint Car points, tying for most wins with 7
- 2013 "Don Smith Classic" feature winner at Terre Haute Action Track
- 2013 "Haubstadt Hustler" $10,000 to win feature winner
- Three sets of 3 consecutive wins in a single season, rivaling only a few others
- First feature win outside of Indiana came in 2015 at East Bay Raceway Park
- 2016 USAC SMACKDOWN V Champion
- 2016 Bryan Clauson Celebration of Life Winner
- First Winged Sprint Car feature win at Arizona Speedway
- Track Record Holder at Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa in 2017